In 2020, Trumbull residents approved a charter revision to increase voting districts from four to seven. The new districts will be used for the first time on August 9, 2022. Please use the resources below to check your registration status, polling location, and to determine if you need an absentee ballot for election day.
Common Questions Answered
I will be away election day. How do I vote by absentee ballot?
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION
There are two ways to check your registration status:
1. Use the CT Secretary of State's Voter Registration Lookup Tool
2. Call or visit the Trumbull Registrar of Voters: (203) 452-5058
REGISTER TO VOTE/UPDATE REGISTRATION
There are three ways to register to vote:
1. Use the CT Secretary of State's Online Voter Registration System
2. Print, fill out, and mail or hand deliver a Voter Registration Form (Spanish)
3. Visit the Trumbull Registrar of Voters, Elections Administration, 5866 Main Street
MOVED OR CHANGED ADDRESS? Be sure to fill out and submit the Voter Registration Form
IMPORTANT DEADLINES: If you are a new voter wishing to vote in the primary, your application must be postmarked or received by the Registrar of Voters by the fifth day before the primary.
If you are a new voter wishing to vote in the election, your application must be postmarked or received by the Registrar of Voters by the seventh day before the primary.
Election Day Registration (EDR): If you are unable to register by the deadlines above, you may be eligible to register and vote in person on election day. EDR is not available at your polling location. You must visit the Town's designated EDR location. Please visit the Secretary of State's EDR Webpage to learn more.
VOTE BY ABSENTEE BALLOT
You may be eligible to vote by absentee ballot if:
1. you are an active member of the military
2. you will be out of town during all hours of voting
3. you have an illness preventing you from voting in person
4. you have religious beliefs that prevent you from voting on election day
5. you are an election official and will be carrying out duties during all hours of voting
6. you have a physical disability that prevents you from voting in person
If any of the above applies, please visit the Trumbull Elections Division or the Secretary of State's Absentee Ballots and Absentee Voter Information webpage.
Trumbull now has seven voting districts. You may vote at a different location than in 2021.
To determine your voting location, use the Secretary of State's Polling Place Locator or contact the Elections Division by calling (203) 452-5058.
Voter may also use the Trumbull Voting District Map to locate their address and district:
District 1 Daniels Farm Elementary School
710 Daniels Farm Road
District 2 Booth Hill Elementary School
545 Booth Hill Road
District 3 Tashua Elementary School
401 Stonehouse Road
District 4 Madison Middle School
4630 Madison Avenue
District 5 Frenchtown Elementary School
30 Frenchtown Road
District 6 Middlebrook Elementary School
220 Middlebrooks Avenue
District 7 Christian Heritage School
575 White Plains Road
Still having trouble? Contact the Trumbull GOP for help determining your polling location.